from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually rectangular piece of luggage for carrying clothing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. large (usually rectangular) piece of luggage used for carrying clothes, and sometimes suits, when travelling
- v. to trade using samples in a suitcase
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A flat valise, light enough to be carried by hand, originally intended to contain a gentleman's evening clothes or ‘dress-suit.’ Also called a dress-suit case.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a portable rectangular container for carrying clothes
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Living out of a suitcase is her modus operandi, as she is usually on tour.
Right now, I think the large size of the seal on his suitcase is a bit distracting.
So between the dresses and the exercise clothes and the naughty nurse outfit (I'm just kidding! seriously!), the suitcase is already way full, and we haven't even talked about shoes yet.
You should see the expression of the inspectors when they discover that inside my suitcase is a jar of peanut butter and also one or two loafs of my favorite bread.
Mr. Griffith is judicious about what he puts in his suitcase, which is 20 inches long comfortably within airlines 'carry-on limits and made of black leather, a color he says won't "show dirt."
He goes in and says look, she's -- she's -- she's -- I saw her take her suitcase, which is kind of funny, like the luggage she ended up in.
Yon's suitcase, aka my suitcase, is indeed in the lost and found.
Last month, U.S. prosecutors, investigating alleged Venezuelan agents operating in Florida, said that the money in the suitcase was a contribution from Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez to the presidential campaign of Argentina's leftist leader, Cristina Kirchner.
My one fashion must that you will always find packed in my suitcase is a pair of black pants that go with anything.
Luckily, my clothes weren't ruined, but the suitcase is a goner.