from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a tube.
- adj. Constituting or consisting of tubes or a tube.
- adj. Shaped like a tube.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like a tube.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a tube.
- adj. Consisting of tubes.
- adj. Cool, awesome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form of a tube, or pipe; consisting of a pipe; fistular
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form of a tube or pipe, without reference to size; tubuliform; tubiform; tubar; fistulous.
- In botany, tube-like; tube-shaped; having a tube; tubulous: as, a tubular corolla or calyx.
- As applied to respiratory sounds, noting a sound like that produced by a current of air through a tube.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. constituting a tube; having hollow tubes (as for the passage of fluids)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
SHAPIRO: Vita Needle is as competitive as ever, holding onto 10 percent of the market in tubular products.
Other objects such as polished green stone, in tubular and spherical shapes, had a symbolic value with religious meaning.
SKiN offers innovative technology, such as its supporting frame in tubular pretensioned aluminium, with foam rubber inserts which act as the base for the structure cover in leather or double face felt, featuring self-modelling geometric incisions.
Not to excuse my product, but a 1.5mm cut on the tread that could eventually translate into a bigger damage on the tube at 110-120 psi on a tubular is a repair that is very difficult to achieve, not to mention holding the seal.
My wife calls the tubular pillow a “bolster”, which seems to hold up in a google search.
When the critical level has been reached in the kidneys, Cadmium excretion via the urine increases suddenly; simultaneously proteins appear in the urine (a situation referred to as tubular proteinurial).
On account of economy in space and also on account of this cross-talk feature, there has come into existence the so-called tubular or iron-clad drop, one of which is shown in section in Fig. 247.
And since flatting a tubular is a huge bummer, I wouldn't think twice about spending extra for these durable, race-worthy tubies for my "special occasion" carbon wheels.
The Johnston's organ is placed at the base of antennae that is responsible for their circulatory system throughout the entire body with a long tubular organ called tubular heart that progresses the blood wholly.
Sunlight pipes (also called tubular daylighting devices) are low-tech devices that work wonders in dark hallways or bathrooms that have an accessible roof to penetrate.