from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device or structure for transporting persons or things; a conveyance: a space vehicle.
- n. A self-propelled conveyance that runs on tires; a motor vehicle.
- n. A medium through which something is transmitted, expressed, or accomplished: His novels are a vehicle for his political views.
- n. The concrete or specific word or phrase that is applied to the tenor of a metaphor and gives the metaphor its figurative power, as walking shadow in "Life's but a walking shadow” ( Shakespeare).
- n. A play, role, or piece of music used to display the special talents of one performer or company.
- n. A substance of no therapeutic value used to convey an active medicine for administration.
- n. A substance, such as oil, in which paint pigments are mixed for application.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A conveyance; a device for carrying or transporting substances, objects or individuals.
- n. A medium for expression of talent or views.
- n. A liquid content (e.g. oil) which acts as a binding and drying agent in paint. (FM 55-501).
- n. An entity to achieve an end.
- n. A yana.
- n. An animal or (rarely) a plant on which a Hindu deity rides or sits
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That in or on which any person or thing is, or may be, carried, as a coach, carriage, wagon, cart, car, sleigh, bicycle, etc.; a means of conveyance; specifically, a means of conveyance upon land.
- n. That which is used as the instrument of conveyance or communication.
- n. A substance in which medicine is taken.
- n. Any liquid with which a pigment is applied, including whatever gum, wax, or glutinous or adhesive substance is combined with it.
- n. A liquid used to spread sensitive salts upon glass and paper for use in photography.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a liquid used to carry sensitive salts for coating glass or paper for use in photography.
- n. Any carriage moving on land, either on wheels or on runners; a conveyance.
- n. That which is used as an instrument of conveyance, transmission, or communication.
- n. Specifically— In pharmacy, a substance, usually fluid, possessing little or no medicinal action, used as a medium for the administration of active remedies; an excipient.
- n. In painting, any liquid, whether water, as in water-color painting, or oil, as in oil-color painting, which is used to render colors, varnishes, etc., manageable and fit for use.
- n. One of two enduements, the one more spiritual than the other, with which the soul is clothed, according to the Platonists. One corresponds to vital power, the other to spirit.
- To convey in or apply or impart by means of a vehicle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a conveyance that transports people or objects
- n. any substance that facilitates the use of a drug or pigment or other material that is mixed with it
- n. a medium for the expression or achievement of something
- n. any inanimate object (as a towel or money or clothing or dishes or books or toys etc.) that can transmit infectious agents from one person to another
My main vehicle is the Montero SUV, I intend to sell the u-haul for cheap in Cozumel and keep my Montero.
Dawkins also introduced the term vehicle, which he defines as
Vin numbers 1-4 signify that the vehicle is a car built at least ten years ago and not a truck.
As soon as law enforcement discovers that vehicle has become expired, your vehicle is then confiscated.
Primarily for reaching alpine backwoods to engage in some fresh boarding, the vehicle is also built for fun as a standalone toy.
Inside, the vehicle is the ultimate in bling-chic, with electric curtains, massaging seats, plasma TVs, racks for glasses, decanters and – most importantly of all – a safe in which real estate or coal mining barons can store the sky-scraping piles of banknotes that drive their businesses.
If your vehicle is affected, it can cause a problem in the operation of the air bag, paddle shifters, horn, and/or steering wheel-mounted audio controls, which, in turn, can increase the risk of a crash.
If your vehicle is affected, the manufacturer should notify you of the recall and fix the problem at no charge.
Toyota and Lexus officials tell us they're working on what they call a vehicle-based remedy to make sure this problem never happens again.
CHERTOFF: And we have about 115 miles of what I call vehicle fence.