from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A short tube with a constricted throat used to determine fluid pressures and velocities by measurement of differential pressures generated at the throat as a fluid traverses the tube.
- n. A constricted throat in the air passage of a carburetor, causing a reduction in pressure that results in fuel vapor being drawn out of the carburetor bowl.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Short of venturi tube.
- n. The throat of a carburetor.
- n. A constriction in the flow of air to lungs.
In a bit of a driving rain storm, that seems just to have subsided, but moments ago as we were watching, the rain was blowing almost sideways due to the high winds around this building, a kind of venturi effect cased by tall building construction, make it just that much more complicated.
The breakthrough that set the LuciaStove apart from similar gasifer stoves was Mulcahy's patented design which uses venturi holes to create negative pressure while a flame cap based on Fibonacci spiral geometry prevents oxygen from entering the pyrolysis chamber.
You can certainly try mec.ca for the long johns, though; they ship pretty much everywhere, and have a range of cold weather clothing for everything from "a titch brisk" through "venturi effect wind at altitude".
What's more, "There could be instances of ice forming inside the carburetor venturi that would cause future running problems after prolonged running with high humidity or blowing wet snow," says a Stihl spokesperson.
The steam gives you heating and also allows drawing a vacuum through a venturi-like device called an air ejector.
He vowed to stop before the narrowing neck could create another venturi effect, but was so oppressed by now with high pressure that once more his judgement failed.
 Quia nihil hoc cavilla proficiunt Judaei, ad figmentum venturi sui Messiae trahentes vetustum regni excidium.
* Quia nihil hoc cavilla proficiunt Judaei, ad figmentum venturi sui
Fed by compressed air line or tank, compressed air flows through a venturi Jet.
Calibrated bores for gas inlet, 7 Gas supply ring channel, 8 Groove for seal ring (O-ring), 9 Bore for venturi ring holder bolt; all dimensions according to calculations and engine inlet size (refer to Chapter 6).