from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various plants of the genus Veronica, which includes the speedwells.
- n. According to popular legend, an image of the face of Jesus as impressed on the handkerchief offered to him by Saint Veronica on the road to Calvary.
- n. The handkerchief itself.
- n. A cloth bearing a representation of Jesus's face.
- n. A maneuver in bullfighting in which the matador stands with both feet fixed in position and swings the cape slowly away from the charging bull.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The image of Jesus's face believed to have been made on the cloth with which St Veronica wiped his face as he went to be crucified; or the cloth used for this.
- n. A circular swinging movement of the cape, used to avoid the bull.
- n. A flower of the genus Veronica, usually having blue petals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A portrait or representation of the face of our Savior on the alleged handkerchief of Saint Veronica, preserved at Rome; hence, a representation of this portrait, or any similar representation of the face of the Savior. Formerly called also Vernacle, and Vernicle.
- n. A genus of scrophulariaceous plants; the speedwell. See Speedwell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A napkin or piece of cloth impressed with the face of Christ: from the legend that a woman named Veronica wiped the face of Christ with her handkerchief when he was on his way to Calvary, and that the likeness of the face was miraculously impressed upon the cloth. Also vernicle.
- n. [capitalized] [NL. (Rivinus, 1690; earlier, about 1554, by Mattioli).] A genus of gamopetalous plants, of the order Scrophularineæ and tribe Digitaleæ, type of the subtribe Veroniceæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant of the genus Veronica
| Reply scott, when veronica is on next week you have to play a clip from anchorman when ron goes “there she is, veronica, my little china doll!”
At first I thought some kind of veronica, but it seems too tall.
This was called the "true image" of Christ, which is in Latin "vera icona" and became the "veronica," or "veronica's veil," with which she wiped the suffering face of Christ on the road to the cross.
Isn't that what republicans do through Fox News and churches? veronica Donoso
Looks more like a Penis then a Boob to me … Always wondered about Scott. veronica
On October 27th, 2009 at 5: 55 am, veronica wrote:
Let's just forget she ever existed and call it a day. veronica
And this is the man we count on to keep the country safe? veronica
They can be reached at email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , and email@example.com .
She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org .