from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Heraldry The color green.
- n. Green vegetation that can serve as cover for deer. Used in English forest law.
- n. The right to cut such vegetation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. vertebrate
- abbr. vertical
- n. A green colour, now only in heraldry; represented in engraving by diagonal parallel lines 45 degrees counter-clockwise.
- n. Green undergrowth or other vegetation growing in a forest, as a potential cover for deer.
- n. The right to fell trees or cut shrubs in a forest.
- adj. In blazon, of the colour green.
- n. In sport, a type of bicycle stunt competition.
- n. A vertical surface used by skateboarders or skiers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Everything that grows, and bears a green leaf, within the forest.
- n. The right or privilege of cutting growing wood.
- n. The color green, represented in a drawing or engraving by parallel lines sloping downward toward the right.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To turn: noting the movements of the eyeball.
- An abbreviation of Vertebrata
- of vertebrate.
- n. In English forest law, everything within a forest bearing a green leaf which may serve as a cover for deer, but especially great and thick coverts; also, a power to cut green trees or wood.
- n. In heraldry, the tincture green. It is represented by diagonal lines from the dexter chief to the sinister base. Abbreviated verb
- n. One who leaves one church for another; a convert or pervert, according as the action is viewed by members of the church joined or members of the church abandoned: said especially of persons who go from the Church of England to the Church of Rome.
- To become a “vert”; leave the Church of England for the Roman communion, or vice versa.
Vervets got their name from the French word vert, which means green, because the soft, dense fur on their backs has a greenish hue, which contrasts with their pale yellow or white underparts and black faces, hands, and feet.
They are Russians, and the Mamelon vert is now in possession of the French.
Know any other words & expressions with the word "vert" or "verte".
No time to translate the song now, so I thought I would have a go at some WORDS & EXPRESSIONS with the word "vert".
"I think I can fairly lay claim to being a broadminded '' vert '" said
"vert" and read the following list: Download vert. wav.
"vert" and read the following list: Download vert.wav .
Français · Chine: Des brèches dans le "barrage vert"? polski · Chiny: Przeciekająca tama?
Both are good rifles but I have 5 Tikka T 3 Lites and they are the smootest bolt, great trigger and with A Sims Recoil Pad they are plesant to shoot, and very vert accurate.
I find some of the comments vert hateful in content, not sure why, since if you cannot say something nice just do not say anthing.