from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A light crisp battercake baked in a waffle iron.
- intransitive v. To speak or write evasively.
- transitive v. To speak, write, or act evasively about.
- n. Evasive or vague speech or writing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A flat pastry pressed with a grid pattern.
- n. A potato waffle, a savoury flat potato cake with the same kind of grid pattern.
- v. To smash.
- n. Speech or writing that is vague, pretentious or evasive.
- v. To move in a side-to-side motion and descend (lose altitude) before landing. Cf wiffle, whiffle.
- v. To speak or write vaguely and evasively.
- v. To speak or write at length without any clear point or aim.
- v. To vacillate.
- v. To rotate (one's hand) back and forth in a gesture of vacillation or ambivalence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thin cake baked and then rolled; a wafer.
- n. A soft indented cake cooked in a waffle iron.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wave; fluctuate.
- To bark incessantly.
- n. A particular kind of batter cake baked in waffle-irons and served hot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pancake batter baked in a waffle iron
- v. pause or hold back in uncertainty or unwillingness
AAAAAAAAAAH! even my own brand of waffle is too much to stomach now, have some unrelated Burger-Fodder:
By fknvty, December 19, 2009 @ 2: 21 pm the polly waffle is dead
I love this distro for the “just works” side of things, but lately, speaking as a tech and systems engineer, the flowery waffle is getting harder and harder to take.
Note the splendidly PR-esque waffle from the man in the hotseat for this one: The area commander for North Kent police, Chief Superintendent Paul Brandon, said: Police in north Kent have worked closely with Mr Stepney and Mr Read to resolve problems they were having regarding anti-social behaviour.
Flax waffle is new today, because I was thinking about what I would have for dinner if timprov is not up and at-'em enough to have a real dinner with me, and we have flax waffles in the freezer, and they're not too bad, could be worse.
The Cynical Dragon calls it 'chutzpah'; I'd just call it 'waffle'.
As each waffle is done, put it on a baking rack to cool; this helps prevent condensation and keeps the waffles crisp.
YETIIIII!!! yuummm to answer ur question about the penguin waffle maker ... it was the best thing my ex ever gave me! hahah how adorable is it?
A Belgian waffle is always light and it is always made in a deep waffle iron that maximizes the amount of batter exposed to the griddle for maximum crispness of the finished waffle.
Not only did John McCain waffle on torture, despite being tortured himself, he started using all the familiar talking points of the failed Bush-Cheney administration.