from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an eagle.
- adj. Curved or hooked like an eagle's beak: an aquiline nose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of eagles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to or like an eagle.
- adj. Curving; hooked; prominent, like the beak of an eagle; -- applied particularly to the nose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the eagle.
- Resembling an eagle; having the characteristics of an eagle; especially, resembling an eagle's beak; curving; hooked; prominent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. curved down like an eagle's beak
Latin aquilīnus, from aquila, eagle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin aquilīnus, from aquila ("eagle") (Wiktionary)