from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who specializes in astronomy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who studies astronomy, the stars or the physical universe; a scientist whose area of research is astronomy or astrophysics
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An astrologer.
- n. One who is versed in astronomy; one who has a knowledge of the laws of the heavenly orbs, or the principles by which their motions are regulated, with their various phenomena.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is versed in astronomy; a scientific observer of the stars; a student of the laws of the heavenly bodies, or the principles by which their motions are regulated, with their various phenomena.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a physicist who studies astronomy
From astronomy + -er. (Wiktionary)