from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of baffle.
- adj. puzzling and frustrating
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Frustrating; discomfiting; disconcerting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Frustrating; disconcerting; confusing; perplexing: as, a baffling wind, that is, one which frequently shifts from one point to another.
- n. An arrangement or system of partitions, plates, or rings whereby a tendency to motion in an undesired direction is prevented. See baffle-plate, baffle-ring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve or believe
Sorry, no etymologies found.