from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excessive adherence to a literal interpretation of the Bible.
- n. Extreme devotion to or concern with books.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. fundamentalism, the belief in the literal truth of the Bible
- n. excessive reverence of the Bible, Qur'an, or other book
- n. worship of the Bible or other book
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Book worship, esp. of the Bible; -- applied by Roman Catholic divines to the exaltation of the authority of the Bible over that of the pope or the church, and by Protestants to an excessive regard to the letter of the Scriptures.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Worship or homage paid to books.
- n. Specifically, excessive reverence for the letter of the Bible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the worship of the Bible
Sorry, no etymologies found.