from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small, exquisitely wrought trinket.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. jewel
- n. a piece of jewelry, a trinket
- n. a small intricately made metalworking
- adj. small and elegant
- adj. intricate; finely made
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A trinket; a jewel; -- a word applied to anything small and of elegant workmanship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. . A jewel; specifically, a jewel of gold richly wrought in the metal itself without the aid of precious stones. See bijouterie.
- n. Hence2. An object of beauty of small size; something delicately pretty; any relatively small charming object.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small and delicately worked piece
French, from Breton bizou, jeweled ring, from biz, finger.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French bijou (Wiktionary)