from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. lacking complexion or color
- adj. bleached
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of blanch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Whitened; deprived of color; bleached.
- Specifically applied to coins and silver articles containing copper which have been submitted to the action of hot dilute sulphuric acid, to dissolve a part of the copper of the alloy on the surface, and leave a film or coating richer in silver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (especially of plants) developed without chlorophyll by being deprived of light
- adj. anemic looking from illness or emotion
Sorry, no etymologies found.