from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To bob up and down.
- transitive v. To lose one's grip on (a ball, for example) momentarily.
- n. A mistake or blunder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A furry ball attached on top of a hat
- n. Elasticated band used for securing hair (for instance in a ponytail)
- n. A pill (ball formed on surface of fabric, as on laundered clothes).
- v. To bob up and down.
- v. To make a mistake in.
- v. to roll slowly
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bob up and down; move with continual bobbing.
- n. The movement of agitated water.
- In golf, to run unevenly on a green: said of a ball.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the momentary juggling of a batted or thrown baseball
- v. make a mess of, destroy or ruin
From bob1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)