from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A stupid mistake; a blunder: "the petty talking points, peripheral issues, tactical boo-boos, and small-bore scandals that regularly intrude on campaigns” ( New Republic).
- n. Informal A slight physical injury, such as a scratch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mistake or error.
- n. A minor injury, such as a cut or a bruise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an embarrassing mistake.
- n. a minor injury, such as an abrasion on the skin; -- child's talk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an embarrassing mistake
Perhaps alteration of boohoo, to weep noisily.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)