from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fall on the buttocks.
- n. A humiliating error, failure, or defeat: "His characters not only survive their snarled problems and pratfalls but learn from their experiences” ( Joyce Carol Oates).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fall onto the buttocks.
- n. A humiliating mistake.
- n. A staged trip or fall, often for comedic purposes.
- v. To fall on to the buttocks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fall onto your buttocks
- n. an embarrassing mistake
prat + fall (Wiktionary)