from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Slang A scientist, especially one engaged in research.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A scientist or engineer, especially one engaged in technological or military research.
- n. this sense?) An elderly naval officer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a scientist or technician, especially one engaged in military research.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (British slang) a scientist or technician engaged in military research
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)