from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chronic or acute inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bronchial tubes.
- n. A disease marked by this inflammation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inflammation of the bronchi of the lungs, that causes the cilia of the bronchial epithelial cells to stop functioning.
- n. An occurrence of, a case (patient) of, or a type of bronchitis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Inflammation, acute or chronic, of the bronchial tubes or any part of them.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, an inflammation of the bronchial membrane. It is a complaint of very frequent occurrence, and may be acute or chronic.—
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inflammation of the membranes lining the bronchial tubes
Late Latin bronchus, from Ancient Greek βρόγχος (bronchos, "windpipe") + -itis. (Wiktionary)