from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An aching pain in or near a tooth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pain or ache in a tooth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Pain in a tooth or in the teeth; odontalgia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pain in the teeth; odontalgia. Toothache was once supposed to be caused by a worm in the tooth. Compare worm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ache localized in or around a tooth
tooth + ache. (Wiktionary)