from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An official of a bureaucracy.
- n. An official who is rigidly devoted to the details of administrative procedure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An official who is part of a bureaucracy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An official of a bureau; esp. an official confirmed in a narrow and arbitrary routine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An advocate or supporter of bureaucracy; also, a member of a bureaucracy. Also called bureaucratist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an official of a bureaucracy
From French bureaucrate. (Wiktionary)