from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several small plump North American birds of the genus Parus, having predominantly gray plumage and a dark-crowned head.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small passerine bird (songbird) of the genus Parus or the family Paridae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small bird, the blackcap titmouse (Parus atricapillus), of North America; -- named from its note.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The popular name of the American black-capped titmouse, Parus atricapillus, and related species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various small grey-and-black songbirds of North America
Imitative of its call.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)