from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that competes with another, as in sports or business; a rival.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or organization against whom one is competing.
- n. A participant in a competition, especially in athletics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who seeks what another seeks, or claims what another claims; one who competes; a rival.
- n. An associate; a confederate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who competes; one who contends for and endeavors to obtain what another seeks at the same time, or claims what another claims; a rival.
- n. One who competes with another in zeal for the same cause; a zealous associate or confederate; a comrade.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the contestant you hope to defeat
Formed with the verb to compete and the suffix -or. (Wiktionary)