from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to culture or cultivation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. pertaining to culture
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to culture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to culture; specifically, pertaining to mental culture or discipline; educational; promoting refinement or education.
- Produced by cultivation: said of types of plants, chiefly varietal. A cultural variety is opposed to a natural or botanical one.
- In surveying, of artificial origin: said of roads, villages, etc., on a topographic map.
- In bacteriology, relating to culture-media or to the character of any micro-organism as indicated by the results obtained from growing it upon various culture media.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the shared knowledge and values of a society
- adj. of or relating to the arts and manners that a group favors
- adj. relating to the raising of plants or animals
- adj. denoting or deriving from or distinctive of the ways of living built up by a group of people
culture + -al (Wiktionary)