from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Past participle of dash
- adj. Of a line, made up of short lines with small gaps between each one and the next.
- adj. A euphemism for damned.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Composed of, inclosed by, or abounding with dashes: as, a dashed line; a dashed clause; a dashed poem.
- Abashed; confused. See dash, v., 8.
- A euphemism for damned, from the form d—d, often used to represent that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having gaps or spaces
Sorry, no etymologies found.