from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being in low spirits; dejected and disheartened.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. crestfallen, dejected
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the lower chap or jaw drooping, -- an indication of humiliation and dejection; crestfallen; discouraged. See chopfallen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the lower chap or jaw depressed; hence, dejected; dispirited; silenced; chagrined.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. brought low in spirit
From obsolete chaps, alteration of chops.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
chap + fallen (Wiktionary)