from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. An excavation site, as for digging or mining ore, metals, or precious stones.
- n.pl. Materials that have been excavated.
- n.pl. Chiefly British Rooms; lodgings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of digging.
- n. Late 19th and early 20th C: accommodations; lodgings; the precursor to the slang 'digs'.
- n. In the US, in the same time period: establishment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. temporary living quarters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. temporary living quarters
- n. an excavation for ore or precious stones or for archaeology
Sorry, no etymologies found.