from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who foretells the future.
- n. One who searches for underground objects or water using a divining rod.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who professes divination; one who pretends to predict events, or to reveal occult things, by supernatural means.
- n. A conjecture; a guesser; one who makes out occult things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who professes or practises divination; one who pretends to predict events, or to reveal hidden things, by the aid of superior beings or of supernatural means, or by the use of the divining-rod.
- n. One who guesses; a conjecturer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who claims to discover hidden knowledge with the aid of supernatural powers
Sorry, no etymologies found.