from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A body of qualified voters.
- n. The dignity or territory of an elector of the Holy Roman Empire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The collective people of a country, state, or electoral district who are entitled to vote.
- n. The geographic area encompassing an electoral district.
- n. The dominion of an Elector in the Holy Roman Empire.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The territory, jurisdiction, or dignity of an elector, as in the old German empire.
- n. The whole body of persons in a nation or state who are entitled to vote in an election, or any distinct class or division of them.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The whole body of electors; the aggregate of citizens entitled to vote.
- n. The dignity of an elector in the Roman-German empire.
- n. The territory of an elector in Germany.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the body of enfranchised citizens; those qualified to vote
Sorry, no etymologies found.