from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The rank, office, or term of an archbishop.
- n. The area under an archbishop's jurisdiction; an archdiocese.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the rank or office of an archbishop
- n. the jurisdiction of an archbishop; an archdiocese
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The jurisdiction or office of an archbishop; the see or province over which archbishop exercises archiepiscopal authority.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The titular see or diocese of an archbishop; the province over which an archbishop exercises authority.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the territorial jurisdiction of an archbishop
From arch- ("above, high") + bishop + -ric. (Wiktionary)