from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To expose to harm or danger; imperil.
- transitive v. To threaten with extinction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To put (someone or something) in danger; to risk causing harm to.
- v. To incur the hazard of; to risk; to run the risk of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To put to hazard; to bring into danger or peril; to expose to loss or injury.
- transitive v. To incur the hazard of; to risk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bring into danger or peril; expose to loss or injury.
- To put within the danger (of); bring within the power (of).
- To incur the hazard of; cause or run the risk of.
- Synonyms To hazard, risk, peril, imperil, jeopard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pose a threat to; present a danger to
- v. put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
Sorry, no etymologies found.