from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is employed to protect and maintain game birds and animals, especially on an estate or a game preserve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person employed to maintain the game for hunting and all associated materials and effects. Often shortened to keeper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who has the care of game, especially in a park or preserve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who has the keeping and guarding of game; one who is employed to look after animals kept for sport in parks or covers, and to protect them from poachers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person employed to take care of game and wildlife
Sorry, no etymologies found.