from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lover of good food.
- n. A gluttonous eater. See Usage Note at gourmet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person given to excess in the consumption of food and drink; a greedy or ravenous eater. See gormand.
- n. A person who appreciates good food.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A greedy or ravenous eater; a glutton. See gormand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- etc. See gormand, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who is devoted to eating and drinking to excess
Middle English gourmant, glutton, from Old French gormant.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French gourmand. (Wiktionary)