from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A British coin worth one half of a new penny.
- n. A British coin worth one half of an old penny, no longer in circulation.
- n. The sum of one half of a penny.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A discontinued British coin worth half of one penny (old or new).
- n. An quantity of money worth half a penny.
- adj. Costing or worth one halfpenny.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An English coin of the value of half a penny, no longer minted; also, the value of half a penny.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coin of the value of half a penny, current in the British islands; the value of such coin.
- n. A small fragment.
- Of the price or value of half a penny; hence, cheap; mean; worthless.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an English coin worth half a penny
Sorry, no etymologies found.