from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Food, clothing, or money given to the needy.
- n. A folder or leaflet circulated free of charge.
- n. A sheet or sheets of paper containing topical information, distributed to people attending a speech, lecture, or meeting.
- n. A prepared news or publicity release.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A worksheet, leaflet, or pamphlet that is given out (usually by hand) for a certain use.
- n. A gift to the poor or needy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. money or an object given in or as in a charitable gesture; -- also used of government disbursements to individuals for welfare.
- n. a printed circular distributed gratis, usually for political or advertising purposes.
- n. a printed statement distributed, usually to the news media.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In hand-ball, hand-tennis, and similar sports, the condition of the game when the striker is out and the players change places.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give to several people
- n. giving money or food or clothing to a needy person
- n. an announcement distributed to members of the press in order to supplement or replace an oral presentation
Sorry, no etymologies found.