from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A system that raises the temperature of a room or building. Confer heater.
- adj. Causing heat.
- v. Present participle of heat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That heats or imparts heat; promoting warmth or heat; exciting action; stimulating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Promoting warmth or heat; having the quality of imparting heat; stimulating: as, a heating medicine or diet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of becoming warmer; a rising temperature
- n. utility to warm a building
heat + -ing (Wiktionary)