from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vacuum cleaner (irrespective of brand).
- v. To clean (a room, etc) with a vacuum cleaner, irrespective of brand.
- v. To use a vacuum cleaner, irrespective of brand.
- v. To suck in or inhale, as if by a vacuum cleaner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to clean with a vacuum cleaner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States industrialist who manufactured vacuum cleaners (1849-1932)
- n. 31st President of the United States; in 1929 the stock market crashed and the economy collapsed and Hoover was defeated for reelection by Franklin Roosevelt (1874-1964)
- n. a kind of vacuum cleaner
- n. United States lawyer who was director of the FBI for 48 years (1895-1972)
- v. clean with a vacuum cleaner
The common noun and verb are taken from the brand name Hoover of one of the first vacuum cleaners. (Wiktionary)