from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ordinal number matching the number 100 in a series.
- n. One of 100 equal parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The ordinal form of the number one hundred.
- n. The person or thing in the hundredth position.
- n. One of a hundred equal parts of a whole. Called also percent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Coming last of a hundred successive individuals or units.
- adj. Forming one of a hundred equal parts into which anything is divided; the tenth of a tenth.
- n. One of a hundred equal parts into which one whole is, or may be, divided; the quotient of a unit divided by a hundred.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Next after the ninety-ninth: an ordinal numeral.
- n. The quotient of unity divided by one hundred; one of a hundred equal parts of anything: as, one hundredth () of a mile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. the ordinal number of one hundred in counting order
- n. position 100 in a countable series of things
- n. one part in a hundred equal parts
Sorry, no etymologies found.