from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or designating a disease having no known cause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or designating a disease or condition having no known cause.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to idiopathy; characterizing a disease arising primarily, and not in consequence of some other disease or injury; -- opposed to
symptomatic, sympathetic, and traumatic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In pathology, of or pertaining to a primary morbid state; not secondary or arising from any other disease: as, an idiopathic affection: opposed to symptomatic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of diseases) arising from an unknown cause
idio- + -pathic (Wiktionary)