from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An artist, composer, or writer who practices or upholds the theories of impressionism.
- n. An entertainer who does impressions.
- adj. Of, relating to, or practicing impressionism, especially in painting; impressionistic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who adheres to the theory or method of impressionism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who adheres to the theory or method of impressionism in art; especially, a painter who paints in the impressionistic style.
- adj. Pertaining to, or characterized by, impressionism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who yields to the influence of impressions, as in descriptive writing; specifically, a painter who aims to reproduce his immediate and momentary impressions of natural objects; one who attempts to render only the larger facts of mass, color, and effect, without regard to exactness of form or completeness of detail and finish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a painter who follows the theories of Impressionism
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Impressionism
From French impressionniste. (Wiktionary)