from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A call to act; encouragement to act, often in an illegal fashion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of inciting.
- n. That which incites the mind, or moves to action; motive; incentive; impulse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of inciting; instigation.
- n. That which incites the mind or moves to action; motive; incentive; impulse; spur; stimulus; encouragement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something that incites or provokes; a means of arousing or stirring to action
- n. the act of exhorting; an earnest attempt at persuasion
- n. needed encouragement
- n. an act of urging on or spurring on or rousing to action or instigating
Sorry, no etymologies found.