from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Contemplation of one's own thoughts, feelings, and sensations; self-examination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A looking inward; specifically, the act or process of self-examination, or inspection of one's own thoughts and feelings; the cognition which the mind has of its own acts and states; self-consciousness; reflection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A view of the inside or interior; a looking inward
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of looking inward; a view of the inside or interior; specifically, the act of directly observing the states and processes of one's own mind; examination of one's own thoughts or feelings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the contemplation of your own thoughts and desires and conduct
Sorry, no etymologies found.