from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap.
- n. one who is completely obedient, unquestioning, and submissive to the government or another party.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small dog which is or can be fondled in the lap.
- n. One who does the bidding of another; a servile follower.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small dog fondled in the lap; a pet dog.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap
Sorry, no etymologies found.