from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A name, symbol, or trademark designed for easy and definite recognition, especially one borne on a single printing plate or piece of type.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A symbol or emblem that acts as a trademark or a means of identification of an institution or other entity.
- n. A single graphic which contains one or more separate elements.
- n. An ensign, a badge of office, rank, or power.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a company emblem or device
Short for logogram and logotype.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
1937, abbreviation of logogram or logotype. (Wiktionary)