from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to modernism.
- n. A follower or proponent of modernism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who admires the moderns, or their ways and fashions.
- n. An advocate of the teaching of modern subjects, as modern languages, in preference to the ancient classics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A modern.
- n. One who admires or prefers that which is modern; especially, an advocate of modern learning, or of the study of modern languages, in preference to the ancient.
- n. One who holds modern views; specifically, a Roman Catholic who holds the views (modernism) condemned by Pius X. in his encyclical issued in 1907.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an artist who makes a deliberate break with previous styles
Sorry, no etymologies found.