from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of notch.
- adj. Having notches; toothed; serrated; jagged; erose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a notch or notches; nicked; indented.
- Closely cut; cropped, as hair: applied by the Cavaliers to the Roundheads.
- In zoology, having one or more angular incisions in the margin; emarginate.
- In botany, very coarsely dentate, the upper side of the teeth being nearly horizontal, as in the leaves of Rhus toxicodendron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. notched like a saw with teeth pointing toward the apex
- adj. having an irregularly notched or toothed margin as though gnawed
Sorry, no etymologies found.