from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of scallop.
- adj. having an edge or border marked with semicircles
- adj. baked in layers of thin slices in a sauce, usually with cheese, as a casserole, e.g. scalloped potatoes; gratin
- adj. baked in a scallop shell
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Furnished with a scallop; made or done with or in a scallop.
- adj. Having the edge or border cut or marked with segments of circles. See Scallop, n., 2.
- adj. Baked in a scallop; cooked with crumbs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Furnished with a scallop; made or done with a scallop.
- Cut at the edge or border into segments of circles.
- In heraldry, same as escalloped.
- In botany, same as crenate, 1 .
- Cooked in a scallop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a margin with rounded scallops
scallop + -ed. In culinary sense, originally referred to a seafood dish baked and served in a scallop shell, but now used more generally. (Wiktionary)