from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being obsolete—no longer in use; gone into disuse; disused or neglected.
- n. The process of becoming obsolete, outmoded or out of date.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of becoming obsolete.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or process of becoming obsolete.
- n. In entomology, an obsolete part of a mark, stria, etc.: as, a band with a central obsolescence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of becoming obsolete; falling into disuse or becoming out of date
From Latin obsolescens past participle of obsolescere. (Wiktionary)