from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or based on a system of philosophy.
- adj. Characteristic of a philosopher, as in equanimity, enlightenment, and wisdom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, philosophy.
- adj. Rational; analytic or critically-minded; thoughtful.
- adj. Detached, calm, stoic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or belonging to philosophy or philosophers; proceeding from, based on, in keeping with, or used in philosophy or in philosophic study or research: as, a philosophical argument.
- Befitting a philosopher; calm; temperate; wise; controlled by reason; undisturbed by passion; self-controlled.
- Pertaining to or used in the study of natural philosophy: as, philosophical apparatus; a. philosophical instrument.
- n. A student of philosophy; a philosopher.
- n. plural Philosophical studies; philosophy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to philosophy or philosophers
- adj. characterized by the attitude of a philosopher; meeting trouble with level-headed detachment
From philosophy + -ical, from Ancient Greek φιλοσοφία (philosophia, "love of knowledge, scientific learning") (Wiktionary)