from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Multiplied by four; quadruple.
- adj. Fourth in a group of four identical things.
- n. One of a group of four identical things.
- transitive v. To multiply or be multiplied four times.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having four parts
- n. in quadruplicate: four times over, in four copies
- v. To replicate four times
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make fourfold; to double twice; to quadruple.
- adj. Fourfold; doubled twice; four times repeated.
- adj. Raised to the fourth power.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make fourfold; double twice.
- Fourfold; four times repeated: as, a quadruplicate ratio or proportion. Also quadriplicated.
- n. One of four things corresponding in all respects to one another, or to a common original.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any four copies; any of four things that correspond to one another exactly
- v. reproduce fourfold
- adj. having four units or components
Latin quadruplicātus, past participle of quadruplicāre, to multiply by four, from quadruplex, fourfold : quadru-, quadri-, quadri- + -plex, -fold; see duplex.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)