from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A copy or reproduction of a work of art, especially one made by the original artist.
- n. A copy or reproduction, especially one on a scale smaller than the original.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exact copy.
- n. A copy made at a smaller scale of the original.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A copy of a work of art, as of a picture or statue, made by the maker of the original.
- n. Repetition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A work of art made in exact likeness of another and by the same artist, differing from a copy in that it is held to have the same right as the first made to be considered an original work.
- n. In music, same as repeat, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. copy that is not the original; something that has been copied
Italian, from replicare, to repeat, from Late Latin replicāre; see replicate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian, from Latin replicare ("to copy") (Wiktionary)